English Press / Presse anglaise
Emerald Automotive has become the latest acquisition for Geely according to reports from the Wall Street Journal. Emerald Automotive is a UK start up company with operations in the UK and also in Missouri, USA.
Emerald Automotive spokesman, Andy Tempest, was quoted as saying: “This is a fantastic opportunity, which will allow us to expand our current vehicle-development work in line with Geely Group’s global vision,” he said.
Figures for the buyout have not yet been revealed, but Geely have comitted to spending 200 million USD in devleoping the company which according to Geely spokesman Victor Yang will help the company develop a new generation of electric vehicles, and electric taxi cabs. Geely did confirm directly that they would produce vehicles in the USA in the near future.
Automotive Business Review
- Ford awards Mulally $13.8 million in stock for 2013 performance
- General Motors to build Lansing stamping plant, add 65 jobs, paper reports
- BMW details specifications for X4 ahead of New York debut
- Fisker cleared to borrow $4.98 million from Wanxiang
- GM weighs increasing South Korean car exports to Australia
French press / Presse française
- Retard Un 10h30
- Les 3 priorités du patron de DongFeng après l'accord avec PSA Peugeot Citroën
- PSA vise plus de 3 millions de véhicules produits d'ici trois à quatre ans
- Carlos Tavares cherche des "gisements de performance" dans les usines PSA
- Salon de Genève : Quant, une voiture électrique qui roule à l'eau salée