Structuring new automotive industries, restructuring old automotive industries and the new geopolitics of the global automotive sector
Publication Type:Conference Paper
Source:Gerpisa colloquium, Paris (2012)
The right question for us is to translate this too general topic in research questions that can help us clarifying what structural changes are taking place:
- Within this industry
- In terms of balance of power
- Between different world regions
- Between different firms
- Between different parts of the value chain
In terms of characteristics or definition of the industry
- What products ?
- For which clients ?
- With which technologies ?
- Between this industry and the rest of the economies
To draw the main trends identified by the previous program’s works and by the papers presented in Krakow
- Through the traditional GERPISA’s “trichotomy” between
- Product policies
- Productive organization
- Employment relationship
By adding a more explicit political dimension, intended as the place where the actors search/produce an emerging and problematic coherence
- Between supply side and demand side answers given to the main questions risen by the global restructuring/structuring process
- Between global and local trends
To propose a set of hypothesis and research questions to structure a collective work for the next four years